Understanding and Solving Complex Business Problems
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVE
This workshop will introduce participants to “systems thinking” as a response to the rapid changes in technology, population, and economic activity that are transforming the world, and as a way to deal with the ever increasing complexity of today’s business.
The objective of critical thinking is to allow one to effectively conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information to understand and solve problems. As most of today’s most challenging problems are systemic in nature, this workshop takes a systems approach to address these issues, namely using practices often known as systems thinking.
This workshop builds upon a solid conceptual foundation to ensure that the system is properly defined, conceived, and realized. Uniquely, the class shows how it is possible to use systems in order to think more deeply and to act more decisively.
Effective decision making and learning require tools to better understand how the structure of complex systems influences the behavior of individuals within them and the overall outcomes. The concepts and frameworks covered in this course will enable participants to:
- Discover why dysfunctional dynamics persist in organizations
- Understand why success in one area often means trouble for other areas, and how to avoid this problem
- Identify and understand complex situations and the dynamics they produce
- Assess in advance the likely impact of different policies and decisions on the growth, stability, and behavior of organizations
- Design integrated growth strategies
- Reduce critical delays in new product development and introduction
- Make strategic decisions that result in outcomes consistent with overall objectives
- Develop the ability to think systemically and dynamically
- Implement successful change initiatives
The course is aimed at policy and decision-makers at all levels in an organization. This includes all business, engineering, scientific, and management related disciplines.
All course participants will receive a copy of the textbook “Systems Thinking: coping with 21st century challenges” and module specific courseware that includes a free copy of a software product SystemiTool which is downloadable over the web.
For more information and book a workshop for your organization Contact Us